Skip to main content

Check out my piles!!

TAH-DAH!!  Welcome to my very first link-up courtesy of Mrs. Bainbridge's Class.  (I feel silly saying linky, I'm new to this blogging stuff.  Give me time) ;)

So here's my story...

I am something of a pro when it comes to packing up my room.  At my old district, of the 6 years I spent teaching I've had to pack up and move everything out of my room about 6 times.  Yikes!  Once, I moved rooms during the school year, with the kids in the room, in the middle of the day, given a 3 days notice (not complaining, It was a move for the better ;)).  So yeah, I got this under control.

This will be my first year in a new district, I cannot wait to get my junk out of the attic.  (That would be my ENTIRE classroom)!!


Pile one consists of boxes I've been through this summer.  Nice and organized.

The second and much larger pile is everything else.
Who knows what I have back there!  It's been a whole year since I've been in a classroom :(

Everything from books,

to files, 

to pet paraphernalia.
(Yes, that's a rat cage and fish tank.
Doesn't every classroom need a rat and fish)? 

I've pretty much packed in everything I could get my hands on.


Did I mention that I can't wait to get into my classroom??  Less than a month and I can start setting up!

Comments

  1. Congrats!! I nominated you for the Leibster Award! Please check my blog for more information and to accept your award.

    Kelli
    Love N 3rd Grade

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's OK to make mistakes!

My daughter has been getting her 9s and 6s mixed up.  She gets them right about half the time.  The great thing about the Peaceful Preschool numeral cards is that she can self-correct by counting the dots. For a quick math lesson, I gave her three cards and instructed her to order them a certain way (first three digits of my phone number).  She mixed up the 6 and the 9 but I didn't stop her and most importantly I did NOT tell her she was WRONG!  I let her finish her thought process and then asked her a series of questions that led her to finding and correcting her own mistake. Why is this important?  Because as children grow, they become more afraid of messing up.  They don't want to take chances or even TRY for fear of getting it wrong.  Take every opportunity to build your child's confidence.   Confidence is one of the 6 Cs that help your child become "well-adjusted critical thinkers," ( Becoming Brilliant, What Science Tells Us About Raising Successf

Planning A Morning Routine

It's important to start each preschool day the same.  Children thrive with routine and you will notice that behavior problems are significantly minimized when children know what's going to happen.  A timid child will have less difficulty saying goodby to Mom and an energetic child will get right to work.  Needless to say, each morning for us starts the same.  Which means planning is pretty repetitive as well.  My first task is to find a theme.  I use The Peaceful Preschool curriculum from The Peaceful Press to find a theme.  The next step is to go online and reserve five to six books on the same theme from our local county library system.  This planning stage must take place several days in advance in order for the books to be available in time.  Otherwise, I have to make an extra trip to the library to pull books myself.  Now I need to come up with several hands-on, student-led, independent activities to set out for stations.  When the girls arrive, they immediately

The Human Body

The letter X is a great segue into a lesson on the human body because we already discussed bones and X-rays last week. Read: The Eye Book by Dr. Seuss (Intro for 5 senses), The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss (Intro for parts of the body). Flip-Flap and Lift-the-Flap are always very engaging for this age. Phonics: Our group has already studied the letters I, F, M, and X.  We created flashcards and used songs and chants to learn the words 'fix' and 'mix'.  All phonics review was sensory related because our main lesson involved the 5 senses.  Music/Movement: Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes and 5 Senses by Rachel Coleman Math: Measure our height in inches (letter I review).  Compare, order, graph with those numbers. Art: Trace our bodies on butcher paper and draw life-sized portraits. Science: Identify which of our 5 senses we will use to observe various objects.  Touch:  pine cone, ice cubes, water beads.  Taste:  cocoa powder, salt, sugar, lime.  Sme